Here’s a surprise: I love Mexican food. 🙂
Naturally, when I saw these enchiladas on the Eat at Home blog, I knew I had to make them. Boy am I glad I did! They were absolutely fantastic. Michael loved them and so did I. These are definitely going into the rotation! Easy to make and delicious.
|White Chicken Enchiladas||416 calories for 1/4 pan!|
|Makes 8 enchiladas (but serves 4)|
|1 onion, diced||1 onion = 50||50|
|9 oz. cooked chicken, finely diced||3 oz = 110||330|
|4 oz. reduced fat shredded mexican cheese, divided||1 oz = 80||320|
|8 corn tortillas||1 tortilla = 50||400|
|3 Tbs light whipped butter||1 Tbs = 50||150|
|3 Tbs flour||1 Tbs = 25||75|
|1 3/4 c fat free chicken broth||1/2 c = 5||20|
|1 cup light sour cream||2 Tbs = 40||320|
|Total calories =||1665|
|2 enchiladas =||416|
1) Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Spray a small pot with olive oil spray and saute diced onions until brown and caramelized.
3) Mix together sautéed onions, chicken, and 2 oz. cheese.
4) Put equal amounts of the mixture into each tortilla, roll up, and place seam side down into a 13” x 9” pan.
5) Using the sautéed onion pot, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook until the flour is cooked through. Add the chicken broth and whisk until smooth and thick. Turn off the heat and mix in the sour cream.
6) Pour the sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese onto the enchiladas.
7) Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered. Enjoy!